Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Officially an Idahoan

My car has Idaho licence plates.

My purse has an Idaho driver's licence.

My bank and Credit Card companies know my official address.

My son is taking the Idaho standardized tests.

I have my insurance cards for Idaho.

Idaho.

I never thought growing up that I would leave Utah for Idaho. But then I never thought I would leave Utah for Oregon. I guess, to be more precise, I left Oregon for Idaho.

Idaho -- not very glamorous. But then neither am I. I am practical.

We live in Idaho because Craig got a job here. I've been telling people for a month that Craig has returned out of exile in Oregon. He is so happy to be back in Idaho that sometimes he can't stand it.

Yesterday we went to watch a nephew play baseball. It was a good game. My nephew's team won. Actually, they shut the other team out. What I remember most from that game was the incessant wind. I came home covered in grit. Every time the ball was hit and the runner would take off, a cloud of dust would attack us. Every time the runner on third base ran home, a cloud of dust would attack us. And at odd moments unrelated to anything else, a cloud of dust would attack us.

I tease Craig about bringing me to this place. But I have to admit it is a nice place. The people are wonderful. We love the ward. I like my kid's teachers. Boaz is having to work hard to catch up on his reading. (How could that be a bad thing?)

And my family is here. I have always said that I could be happy anywhere my family is.

So I am an Idahoan.

Welcome home to Idaho.

1 comment:

Anaise said...

There's always a bit of an identity crisis when your driver's license and license plates are changed, isn't there?

You're going to be a fine Idahoan--make that state proud to have you!! :)