I have been on again, off again working on running. When I started, I could barely run for a minute. I was disheartened remembering that I ran for two miles in college. I was a mess. But I found a post on Pinterest that went from couch potato to runner in twelve weeks. So, I started the plan.
The winter was horribly cold, so I took a few months off. I started back up this Spring. Yesterday I ran for five minutes and walked for one; four times. (I haven't looked at the schedule for a long time. I was supposed to go from four minutes to six minutes. Oppsie.) Today I invited the boys to come with me.
Today I kind of made things up. I ran for five, walked for one; then ran for six and walked for one -twice. Astounding from where I started.
We live close to a cemetary, so I could run as slow as I wanted and Josh could run as fast as he wanted. Boaz rode his bike. The only thing was Josh had to be close to Boaz for the block on the busy road.
I lost track of the boys on the first block. Josh ran a 6:10 mile for track. I'm hoping that I can run a six minute half mile. I'm probably not there yet. :) But I am working on getting some lungs back and getting my heart healthy.
Today I ran with my boys.

1 comment:
Good for you! I ran for the first time in 5 months this week. I was afraid I'd have to start all over again, but my body remembers, and I loved it! Keep on running! :)
Post a Comment