Friday, July 17, 2015

Splintered

We came back to Idaho so Josh could go on his high adventure that he has helped plan this year. Sunday we are going to do his Eagle Court of Honor. That is and was the plan.

That leaves Craig alone in the small apartment in CA working so we can play. He is very lonely.

That leaves Boaz without his big brother and playmate. He is lonely and bored.

That leaves me missing both Craig and Josh and driving myself to get Josh's Eagle quilt done enough that I can give it to him on Sunday.

We have cut our TV service, so Boaz and I have been watching movies. I sit and sew and sew and sew. Boaz rides his bike and splashed in the back yard and reads and wanders the house.

Saturday Josh will come back from his backpacking trip in the evening. That is also the Oswald Family Reunion. I was hopeful that we would all be able to attend, but I will just be sending Boaz. He'll have a fun day on the water with uncles and cousins to watch over him. I will be home sewing and writing a little talk to give at the Court of Honor. At least that is the plan. I might get mopey.

I am reminded by this how much we need our families and we need to be together. I am projecting already that in three short years Josh will be off on his mission and we will be smaller. I see it happening with my sisters and brothers and Craig's sisters and brothers. Kids grow up and moms and dads let parts of their hearts just wander the world.

This is a bit sad and pathetic. Soon our joyous new chapter will be in full swing and I'll be listening to Josh complain about summer homework and wanting a quiet moment to myself in the one bedroom aprartment full of bored boys. I'll be sending them off to school wondering what I will do with my life. But now I just want our scattered family to be togehter.

A picture of the eagle in progress.


It's kinda' weird lighting because there is more contrast than the picture shows. The background is grey, not tan. But it's the idea.

1 comment:

Anaise said...

I'm sorry you all are having a lonely time. Hang in there. I will remember you in my prayers.

The eagle is going to be GORGEOUS!