Monday, April 24, 2017

Visiting with a friend

I have a dear friend who was baptized a year ago with her two boys. She came faithfully for several months. Her husband was resistant to her new faith. They had an unfortunate experience with a member of the ward and the boys lost their enthusiasm. To keep the peace in her home, my good friend has found herself in the frustrating position of choosing to go to church alone, or going to a different church with her family. 

We met today for a late breakfast and a visit. She explained some of her precious thoughts on religion and faith. I always find that facinating. She didn't want to say anything to offend me, and I was determined not to be offended. We had a lovely conversation. 

The reason I'm writing is because I thought of a scripture to share. I turned to where I thought it was and found a much better one than the one I was looking for. 

BloggerImage

I took a screen shot and texted it to her. 

Verse two jumped out and demanded to be read. 

I love to receive (and understand when it is) revelation straight from the heavens in a timely and immediate manner. 

Visiting teaching miracle to brighten my day. 

1 comment:

Anaise said...

That IS a miracle! I hope she is strengthened by it. I know you already are. :)