Monday, September 11, 2017

Scripture - 1 Nephi

As I had previously said, Craig is teaching seminary this year. They are studying the Book of Mormon. He has been in Hawaii for the last week visiting Thea and his biannual business meeting. 

Today I was his sub. The lesson was on 1 Nephi 1. I have found out that I miss a lot as I read. I don't know if I'm impatient to get on with the story or what, but there is a lot in the first chapter of Nephi that I rush through. 

Just one thing.  

BloggerImage

Perhaps the most well known verse in the Book of Mormon. 

The manual asked a question that I needed to go back and find. 

What did Nephi’s "knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God" lead him to do?

He made a record. We have been asked to keep journals. Mine is sporratic. I've gotten better in this format. Basically this blog is a journal. I don't write in it everyday, but I try to make several posts a month. I have improved my journals with the ponderizing idea that this post is a part of. Usually I just write about silly things. 

Nephi wrote his because he had a knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God. 

Something to ponder. 

1 comment:

Anaise said...

You're right!!!

And such a better idea to ponder than the one I got stuck on this morning--feeling a failure as a mom because of my weaknesses.