Well, it was announced recently that priests could baptize in the temple. So he decided he wanted to do that to prepare for his talk. He has to update his recommend. (He told me that he just had his last limited use recommend interview.) I looked for
names. My sister, Debbie, helped me and we found 20 names. I called to set an appointment for Tuesday and the latest appointment was at 4. I was hoping for 6. Craig got off early and I picked Boaz up from school. He rushed to change and we headed
to the temple.
I just printed off male names. I wanted to be able to watch him baptize both Boaz and Craig. Next time I will take female names too.
The temple staff was happy to help and get us set up. Josh’s smiled wide and big. He had sparking eyes. I grabbed for my Kleenex’s.
Sunday came and the boys went to priesthood leadership meeting first. Josh had a few minutes to gather himself and then he went up on the stand. He chatted a bit with the new temple president. He was first to speak.
I was surprised to hear that the day of, and a few days before, he had lost his enthusiasm and actually didn’t want to do it after all. But because we all worked so hard to get there that he didn’t say he didn’t want to go anymore. He then told what a
good experience it was. He has done names provided by the temple, but talked a bit about the difference when you do family names.
I was so proud of him. He projected well and spoke with confidence.
One of his seminary teachers was sitting in the row ahead of us. He promised his kids if they read for 30 days straight he will draw a picture of them. Craig and I watched this happen.
I absolutely love it.
All in all a fantastic day.
1 comment:
Awesome picture!!!
But even more awesome young man! You've got every reason to rejoice in this son of yours, Wendy.
Post a Comment