Monday, December 17, 2018

Completing a challenge

Today I completed the Book of Mormon. I started in October as a response to President Nelson in the General Women’s session. 

Thoughts on the exercise. 

Focusing and marking the names of Jesus have made me more aware of His voice and the relationship between Him and Heavenly Father. 

I noticed that the prophets point to Jesus, He being the path back to God. 

In 3rd Nephi I noticed that Jesus constantly referenced Heavenly Father. 

After 3rd Nephi I decided to Mark all references to the Father. I think He is referenced more than at the beginning of the record. As I start again I will continue the marking pattern. 

I have resisted this challenge for years. I didn’t want to have somebody else’s marking system in my personal
Scriptures. Silly. I realized it’s still my marking, but noticing how frequent Jesus is mentioned is instructive. I also noticed as I was obedient, new impressions came and I feel I gained a lot from this reading. 

I am grateful that God is patient and gives more than one invitation. More than one chance to obey Him. 

No comments: