Thursday, December 5, 2019

Like the Dawn of the Morning

Like the Dawn of Morning


The closer I got to grandma's house, 

the happier I felt,

It was like the dawn of morning,


We left in the sad night skies of long car rides

Bothering brothers

Wi-Fi less cell phones,


But we arrived with warm blankets

Bright smiles 

Cheerful laughs

……..and Shining pennies


The more I talked with Grandma

The happier I felt,

It was like the dawn of morning


I started with long nights of stress

Hard rains of problems

And hopeless projections of tomorrow


But we talked about glowing families

Sunny feelings 

Clear solutions

And promising futures


When I think about Grandma 

It is like the dawn of morning


It starts with destructive ‘why’ questions

Crushing tears 

And fierce and clashing feelings


But then I think of re building relations

Tears of joy

Future reunions

And it is all thanks to the dawn of one glorious sunday morning.

〜 Fin〜


By Josh

1 comment:

Anaise said...

What a marvelous tribute!!!