Tuesday, October 6, 2020

October 6, 2020

Today is Tuesday. 

I have anticipating this day for almost two years. 

The other time was lovely and amazing. My heart was full and overflowing. But there was unfinished business to negotiate. 

Today he has completed his mission. He has served his full time. 

He has had three mission presidents. He has served foreign and domestic. He has served in Spanish and English. He has served the old way by going house to house. He has served the new way on social media. He has been a junior companion, a senior companion, a district leader, a zone leader, and served in the office. 

He has had almost every mission experience there is. 

Last night I received this lovely message. 

Dear Oswald Family, 
My name is Bro. Miller from the Herriman Utah South Stake. I am the  High Councilman over missionary work and I have the privilege to be in touch with the missionaries every day or two. Your son just left my home as I wanted to bid him farewell before he leaves tomorrow on his way home. I want you to know that he is an amazing missionary!  What an exceptional leader he has been in the mission and the zone and in our stake. Our family has come to love him and his companion, Elder Johnson. They are fantastic together!!!  I know that your son has served with all of his heart in Peru and in SL South. He has changed the direction of missionary work in our stake. They have no fear as a companionship!  The spirit emanates him and I am so excited that you get to hug him once again tomorrow!  We are very grateful for his service here and are excited for his future. Here is a picture of us in my home just 45 minutes ago. Thank you for raising a wonderful young man that has done the Lords work!  All the best to you all!  
The Miller Family
Herriman, Utah 



What a sweet blessing. 

This was my response. 

Thank you so much for your sweet words. You brought happy tears to my eyes. We are so excited to see him tomorrow. Missions are miracles. Miracles for families, miracles for missionaries, and miracles for those they serve. Thank you for your food service and example you have been to my son. He has told us how much he learned about the importance of those that hold your position. You have been one of his heroes.

Don’t you love auto correct and fingernails. “Good example”

He flies home today. 

We spent the night at our dentist, Craig’s brother. Boaz has an appointment with him today. Not very many people have sleepovers at the dentist before their appointment. 

Then it is the airport and Chick-fil-A.

I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anaise said...

That letter is a real treat. How lovely that he took the time to write that to you. I'm thinking I should start making an effort to reach out to the parents of our missionaries. I've never done it before.

Your boy has been ever so valiant!