The first day the boys rode together and the girls rode in their own golf cart. We chatted and got to know each other better.
Somewhere around the fourth hole I looked at me shoes and was horrified. I blurted out my predicament and cackled loud enough to catch the boys attention.
This is what I saw.
Do you see it?
I have one two different shoes. They are both black, but one has laces and a thicker sole. These were the only shoes I brought. I spent the whole five hours in the car oblivious. Utter mortification.
We finished out the round and Craig took me shopping for new shoes. With the a ton of commentary. Most of it revolved around me wearing mismatching shoes on purpose just to be able to get new shoes.
On the way to the shoe store I said shoes are hard for me. Thinking about my high instep which results in a high bridge. That combined with my wide foot make it hard to find shoes that fit and are comfortable. Craig looked at my mismatched shoes and said obviously shoes are hard for you.
He helped me find a pair in record time.
And now we match.
We had a wonderful time.
A few pictures of our trip.
Kayla and I.

Cool tree growing in a rock.
Cool tree growing in a rock.
Beautiful tee box. Snake River in the background.
He let me wear his hat, I forgot sunscreen and my own hat.
A blue heron fishing in the morning. Can you see the most rising off the lake?
White Pelicans. I counted at least seven pelicans somewhere on the lake.
This is Shoshone Falls before the Spring melt. I want to come back when the water thunders. This is the Niagara of the West. I want to feel the mist in my face the power of the water in my bones. I hope we can come back.
A wonderful midweek trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment