Thursday, June 24, 2021

New chapters

So I am now working for an optometrist. He is in our ward. Super nice guy. I’ve been there almost three months. I am learning all the machines. I can do almost all the screening. The crazy part is the selling of the glasses. So complicated. There is nothing like jumping in the deep end and learning to swim. And I’m not a salesman, but this job does require a bit of it. 

Today I got my prescription updated and I will be ordering a new pair of glasses. I’m excited about that. 

Boaz went to state for the 400. Crazy. It was rather miraculous. 


It rained that day. I was happy to not get a sunburn, but we huddled under the umbrella for a good portion of the day. 



This is Craig’s nephew who lives in Boise. He hooked Craig up with the job. We are grateful to him. And we are looking forward to being closer to his sweet family for a bit. 

While Craig and I were there in Boise watching the races, we found ourselves in the middle of a family. We chatted as we do, and one of them had n unfurnished basement. 

Craig was interviewing for a job in Boise. He got the job, and we found a nice place for him to live during the week. We feel it was guided. I love it when we can see God’s hand in our lives. 

So for the next year, until Boaz graduates, we will be living for the weekends. 

Boaz is working for our stake President for the summer on his ranch. We feel it is such a blessing. 

He is also taking two online classes. He dislikes then, but he would dislike them during his senior year as well. This way they will be out of the way. 

Craig is in a huge hospital group. He manages the Cardiac group. 31 doctors, 31 mid levels and 100 other employees. Several locations. He has a lot to do, but he is very qualified for the job. He signed a two year agreement, so it looks like I will join him in Boise after graduation next year for the final year. 

Josh is half way through his first semester of college. He is loving most of his classes. I love when he calls me excited about something he’s learned. 

We are still hoping to sell the house back in Colorado. So we are maintaining three home right now. Pray that we are able to sell and get out from under the mortgage. 

Marching along our path. We continue being tumble weeds. Our families are rocks. I think God needs both kinds of people. 

1 comment:

Anaise said...

Hi friend!! It's been so long since I've looked at this blog login, and I've been thinking of you! The other day I wanted to call you while I ran errands, but I knew I'd be distracted and would go too slowly, so I didn't. But know that I love you and miss you!!

What exciting new prospects for your family! What a crazy new season! Hurrah for Boaz and his racing . . . also for taking care of boring classes and for working on a farm! Hurrah for Josh loving college!

May the weeks fly by and your weekends be joyful. <3