I usually get to go to Sunday School and Relief Soceity at Church. I love to join in the discussion and get the spiritual uplift of good and insightful discussion.
But today I got to play in the nursery with the 18 month olds. I think all the 3 year olds were out today. Two little boys decided that they liked me. On relaxed on my shoulder and quit crying. It felt so good to have a little body melt into me like that. Boaz rarely did it, and it's been a very long time since Josh has done so. We brought out the snacks and he I learned he loves rasins. He growled deeply in appreciation. Just thinking about that gives me a glow of satisfaction. The other little boy was very sad, and the rasins and gold fish and animal crackers didn't do it for him. So he sat on my lap. And then he began to melt into me. He is a sturdy little boy, and I found I was adjusting my arm a few times, and my tail bone began to ache while I was sitting on the little nursery chairs. Of course my shoes were not helping, I wore heels -- silly me. But then the miracle happened. This little boy fell asleep in my arms. I didn't know that I missed that as badly as I do. Just think I could have been in Sunday School and Relief Society and in the middle of fun gospel discussions. But instead God blessed me with a sleepy toddler. Truely He loves me. :)
2 comments:
A. You're lucky that you have "fun gospel discussions" in Sunday School and R.S.
B. Nursery rocks!!
I'm glad you had a good time, and I'm glad those little ones had someone loving and tender to care for them. :)
I love this post. It reminds me to soak in all these times I have with little boys. Kids grow up so fast, and Im glad you had a chance to snuggle a little toddler again. (And, in true mother form, we preform most tasks with aching limbs, tailbones, backs and feet....so this moment you had was very authentic) :) You are an awesome mom!
Post a Comment