Friday, December 30, 2011

December 30

This year I have read the Doctrine and Covenants, the New Testament and the Book of Mormon. I just finished up with Moroni this morning.

One of my favorite verses is in Moroni 9. Moroni includes two of his dad's letters to him. This is the second. Mormon writes about the wickedness of the fallen civilization. In fact he says his people are without civility. He sorrows that he can not recommend them to God.

But he then tells his prophet son that he can recommend him to God. In all that wickedness and depravity, a righteous father raised a valiantly righteous son. Mormon is full of faith and hope that his son has made it, finished the race, endured to the end. And even thou Moroni has to endure at least 21 more years alone, he does it.

We know that because he is the angel that visits the 14 year old boy Joseph in 1820.

I love that story in the Book of Mormon. A pure testimony that we can overcome the vileness of the times that we live in.

I completed my goal in the scriptures this year.

My new goal for 2012 -- read the Old Testament and the Book of Mormon.

I started in Genesis today also. I am playing with my new toy. I got a nook for Christmas. I have the LDS app for the standard works. I can read and just tap on a highlighted word and it turns to related scriptures and brings up all the footnotes in the LDS edition.

I am looking forward to new insights and lessons.

I can do it.

1 comment:

Anaise said...

Wow! Great goals! Congratulations on this year's achievements.

I've been thinking about scripture goals, too . . .