Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Pharisee in me.

I hate it when my strengths become my weaknesses.

Last week I did not have one of my finer moments. I was in Relief Society listening to a beautiful lesson. A lady that I really admire was teaching. Her lesson was heartfelt and well researched.

And I got hung up on a definition.

Now that I can look back on what I did, I have to ask myself, when did the Church ever put more emphasis in the definition than in the application?

Well -- never.

Sometimes I think I'm so smart and I just get in the way of the process.

I hope I remember this lesson so I don't have to relearn it.

I wish I was better at the application -- faith, hope and charity.

1 comment:

Anaise said...

I hate those kinds of moments, too. I have them, and then I feel badly about them.

Wishing you joy instead of regret this season!