Monday, June 11, 2012

I waited 8 years.

I've been meaning to post this as well.

So, eight years ago, Craig blessed Boaz.

I don't know about you, but as a mom there are some things I look for in a blessing. You know the strong and healthy, follow the Holy Ghost and grow up to be a good person, and the whole getting married in the temple thing.

Well, there was no mention of taking a sweet girl to the temple in the blessing 8 years ago.

And, with a one month old baby, I was still very hormonal. I've always had a tendency to be a bit dramatic. So, I started thinking that my little Saturday's Warrior would be killed in a war and wouldn't have time to get married.

Well, that was not a happy thought, so I have stuffed it away and refused to think about it. I have focused on just enjoying my Bozie.

When Craig got up to confirm him, I tried to just focus on the blessings. And then I remembered my eight year old fear. I thought to myself, that that is just a blessing thing. They don't say that in the confirmation. I'm just being silly.

And then I heard Craig say that Boaz will take a girl to the temple and get sealed.

I knew that Heavenly Father had him say that just for me. I took a deep breath and let that silly weight just fall away.

It really is silly the things that I think at times. But I am grateful that He took that almost forgotten fear away for me.

Craig didn't even know that I was thinking that. He was just happy to be there with his brothers, his dad and my brother-in-law. The members of the circle were Craig, Mark, Brad, Ron, Pete, and the Bishop.

People who came to celebrate with us: Deb, Raven, Willa, Kayla, Alysa, Peter, Cyri, Bridger, Mark, Kris, Ashlyn, Bowen, Tayvan, Brad, Ron, Dawn. We are grateful for all the well wishes of those that couldn't make it but wanted to.

It was truly a good day.

1 comment:

Anaise said...

Wendy, that is a miracle! A prayer answered just for your mother-heart!

Thanks for posting this story.