I have six baby quilts that I am rushing to get done. I also have Willa's last Christmas quilt to get done. And I have Brenda's Wedding Quilt to do. That is not even starting to think about this coming Christmas Quilt to do.
But . . .
I have the first three baby quilts completed. Yes!
This first one is for Annie. She is already seven weeks old. She is so cute I could just hold her for ever. I got to hold her on Sunday, I wasn't very good at sharing that day. :) Her brother, who is 4 -- maybe, told me that I couldn't hold her. I said that I knew her daddy and then asked if that was okay. He was not convinced.
Courtney chose the colors. I had to think a bit about what block to do. Then I just went with speed and did the log cabin. One of my favorite blocks. It is fast, easy, and beautiful.
This next quilt is for Paisley. She is almost two weeks old. When I heard her name, I headed to the store to find some cute paisley fabric. The colors are unusual for a baby quilt, but I think it turned out great.
I like piecing the backs. In this last picture you can kind of see the hearts in each of the blocks. I went with larger blocks to be able to see the paisley fabric better. With a pattern, I've found out it is good to use big blocks.
I took this into the quilt store today to show the shop lady who helped me pick out the fabric. She was happy to see the completed project. I'm a bit shameless in showing off the quilts when they are done -- obviously.
This next quilt was very hard to get started on. I've had the fabric for almost a year and a half. I knew I wanted the circles, but I was afraid of them. I think this quilt has been the source of my quilter's block. Once I got started on it, it was like the flood gates opened. I have been sewing for three weeks straight.
This is Nora's Quilt. Nora was still born over three years ago. So I wanted white circles. White for the angel in heaven and circles for eternity. Soft pink for a little girl.
I have four different white fabrics. Each fabric is used on one side of the border. The circles were not as hard as I was afraid they were going to be. That is good. It came together so quickly I was a bit ashamed of myself for putting it off for so long.
Nora's little sister will make her appearance in August. That gives me just a bit of time to start quilting Willa's quilt. Wish me luck.
1 comment:
beautiful, just beautiful Wendy.
Post a Comment