Wednesday, October 24, 2012

How did this happen?

My son went to his first stake dance yesterday.

He is only 12. They had a dance for the 12 - 13 year olds. His Scout Master -- a very good man -- said that they all had to go.

Driving him to the church to meet his ride, I told him that he had to dance with a girl if she asked him. He was not thrilled. Basically, he was not thrilled to go to the dance.

When he came home, he told us he danced with three girls. All of them asked him.

I told him she should ask all the girls to dance from the ward, but he didn't.

I am okay with him not being into girls yet. Seriously, I can wait for that to happen.

But my world rocked a bit when my boy went to his first dance.

1 comment:

Anaise said...

That's a milestone! Emily is chomping at the bit to get to her first church dance, but we attend 2 homeschooling family dances each year. I love to see how the kids are learning social graces at these dances.