So we attended Church on Sunday, ate lunch, and got back in the car to drive to Indianapolis.
I am a fan of my maps ap. I was the navigator, and I did pretty good. We got an idea of where Madison is and we headed into Illinois. I can tell you I am not a fan of Illinois, especially around the Chicago area. We had to pay almost $20.00 in tolls. Our experience as someone just traveling through the area was full of confusion and we think it was one of the most dangerous areas of our trip. With all the toll gates, we were confused as to which lane we should be in, we were dodging traffic, the vehicles were all traveling different speeds and switching lanes.
I was interested in visiting Chicago before, but that desire has been firmly squashed by the toll system.
We made it past Chicago with out dying and we found a hotel to spend the night. Thea was so excited to spend the day with us. We were excited to spend the day with her.
We followed the directions on my phone right to Thea's apartment. She looked great. We drove around on errands.
A quick picture in her apartment.
We went to the local burger joint for lunch. We love the Steak and Shake. Our server was Johnny, and we loved him. He was quick on his feet with the conversation and the service.
We went to Goodwill for a pan. We went to Walmart for groceries and supplies. We went to Costco for canned chicken.
A quick picture in the heat of the day.
A lot of laughing, a bit of lecturing, and a lot of love. It was a fun day. We love her, and we miss her - lots.
After a sweet day, we headed West for home. We made it to St Louis that night. We saw the St. Louis Arch, but I snapped a crappy picture.
But there is the wonder of the internet.
It is amazing. We crossed the river on an amazing bridge.







1 comment:
You're so adventurous! 7 or 8 hours sounds like FOREVER to me. You guys deserve an award for being loving parents and good friends.
Post a Comment