I plugged her address into my phone and we drove to her house for sandwiches, fruit, and cookies. It was so fun to see her again. Her kids are accomplished and lovely. I think they were a bit surprised that I knew their names, but they warmed up to Boaz quickly and they scattered outside to play. A wonderful break from the car for him.
A few pictures from our lunch visit.
We look a bit different than when we were college students, but the years fell away and I was back laughing with my best friend.
Boaz surrounded by girls and the baby boy. (He is loosing his baby status quickly though :) they were laughing at an episode of Studio C, a program on BYU TV. It is a favorite in both households.
Too soon it was time to climb back in the car and continue on our way West.
Leaving KAnsas City, we crossed the river and entered Kansas. I have discovered that East Kansas is very different than Western Kansas. Western Kansas is more what I thought Kansas was like.
Our next stop was Goodland, Kansas - where Criag has been working since January. We met his friend and mentor, Trip. A few laughs, some water and we we were on our way again. But we got a quick tour of the city. Trip mentioned the Van Gough, and Craig took me too see it.
A giant easel towers over the barn in the back ground.
A better idea of the size of the reproduction.
Goodland loves its sunflowers. I looked it up online, and copied a few pictures.
Beautiful sunflowers near Goodland.
This picture is in better focus. It does give a good idea of the scale also.
From Goodland we headed to Denver and the dreaded all night drive. Once again the phone map ap was a star as it lead us around the different freeways that circled Denver and got us on the road towards Soda Springs, Idaho and then home.
Craig and I traded off through the night.
Craig did the last leg. I distantly heard giggles and when we arrived I saw this picture.
This is me in the backseat, determined to sleep as much as I could.
This is Boaz jumping for joy in our drive way. We were home. We said hi to Josh and gave him big hugs, I brushed my teeth (nasty road trip teeth is the worst), and we headed into the bedroom and passed out for a bit.
So glad to be home, and so glad to have seen all our loved ones.
States that I had never been in before:
I had been just over the border in Missouri before, but this time I was seriously in the state and saw two major cities.
Kansas - not as flat in the East - as I had previously thought.








2 comments:
I'm so very glad I called you in time . . . thanks for making the effort to call me in the first place! I'm glad you're safely home. I love the picture of Boaz jumping for joy. Was Josh happy to have you guys back or was he loving his independence?
He liked his independance, but was very glad we were home. It's way better when you have mom to do the shopping and cooking. :)
Post a Comment