I have moved a lot. We first moved to our town and I thought we would be in our rental for only six months. We ended up living there for almost two years. For those two years, I did not put the pictures on the walls, because the house was only temporary. I didn't put a lot of effort into the yard, because we weren't staying.
In this house, the plan was to stay a year and then move to the Mid-West. Our plans have changed, we are staying for at least one more ya school year. I have put up a few pictures, but I am living with things that if I felt more permanent I would change.
This article quotes a verse from D&C 51:16-17. The Saints were in a temporary situation. The future was unknown to them. The Lord counseled them to ". . . Let them act upon this land as for years, . . ."
Happiness comes as we are fully invested in our lives. Not just waiting for real life to begin. Maybe I should think about the painting project I have put off. Maybe I should look into a few home repairs that I constantly notice.
I need to live in the moment and be fully invested in the now.
No comments:
Post a Comment