Theyy weren't sure they liked each other at first, but now they are friends. Ginger has calmed Millie down and Millie lets Ginger hang out.
This heifer cried all night long. Brenda says she is in heat. She was frisky as I dumped hay to her and her friends and then she got out of the pen. She was irritating, I was glad to say good bye to her.
I was dumping out a bucket of water and saw her in front of the barn by the huge fan. Rizo was there and he helped me get her over to the gate. She didn't want to go back in until I went in. She followed me and I stepped out quick and tried to shut the gate. She was very quick and had her head part way out. I had to shove her back in and close the gate. She immediately went to the loose part of the fence and tried to get out again. I put my foot there to hold the fence to the post and tried to think of what I was going to do. Of course the answer was bailing twine. On a farm bailing twine is plentiful and useful.
At first I tied the gate closed too. I had to cut the twine and retie it.
She is sticking her head out trying to get close. Poor cow. Brenda said she thinks her name is Taffy.
I also took a picture of all the eggs. They are beautiful. I wish I could have them in CA.
All the hay in the barn.
Brenda said they should be good for the winter. I would come up and throw down a few bails for the cows.
I didn't get a picture of the horses. Shame on me. I felt bad leaving my little babies. I felt bad about leaving my sister with all that work. Tim will be home on Wednesday.
All in all, it was a wonderful trip. So good to see Brenda and Karly, and Tim for a minute before he had to leave.





1 comment:
I'll bet it was hard to return to the big city after your country vacation!
Post a Comment