Friday, August 21, 2015

Wisconsin trip

I have been spending time with Brenda this past week. I have been getting up and feeding the baby cows, feeding chickens, gathering eggs, and throwing hay down from the hay mow. 

Brenda milks twice a day. Tim is at his yearly 2 - week AT. Karly is here too and we have had fun reconnecting.

Karly took me to the St. Paul temple the day after I got here. It is a very cute little temple. You have to call and make an appointment. It is the same for the Newport Beach Temple in CA, but I haven't made it there yet.


A  picture of the temple and Karly. It was taken earlier in the Spring. My phone was dying and I didn't snap a picture that day.


I took some pictures of the farm.


This is Ginger. She was born the day I arrived. I have been her momma for these past ten days.


This is Millie. She is about two weeks old. I have been her momma too.


Ginger standing up. I was worried because she was so little. She was born two and half weeks early.


LIttle kitties love fresh milk daily.


The ladies that give us yummy eggs every day.


The chicken coop. The shed on the other side of the coop has all the feed and various other things.


The  cows waiting to be let in for the pre-milking grain.


Lining up to enter the barn.


The young heifers following the more mature milkers.


Sweet faces.


Stinky butts. Ya gotta love the gutter and the barn cleaner. Just scrap the poop with a square shovel and then when the time is ready you flip the switch and the chain pulls blades around the gutter and moves the poop to the manure spreader.


The poop goes up the elevator and empties into the wagon.


The wind machine that keeps the ladies cool during the hot day. It was over 80 with 80 % humidity.


Karly with her crazy socks.


Enjoying the wind. Dixie is always by her master.


Karly showed me a huge mushroom that looks like a cow pattie. We think it got its rusty color from the iron band around the trunk.

1 comment:

Anaise said...

You make me want to join you on the farm!