We got word that her leg was swollen and bleeding. Her blood pressure was crazy low and they had to stabilize her before they could operate and see what was going on.
Apparently, she was given wrong medication that caused the swelling.
She ended up having her leg amputated.
She lived in a house with 4 or more steps to get in. She does dialysis a couple of times a week. She drove herself. She watched her grandsons after school.
She can do none of that now.
Her life has changed drastically.
When we were there for Thanksgiving, she said that my dad was coming around and visiting her a lot. She was a bit bugged by it. She had a blessing that said she would have the time to finish what she needed to do. But honestly, I don't think she has long
left.
I am grateful that we have reconnected these past two years. But I am still very far away.
Today the boys went with Craig to administer the sacrament to a lady with cancer. They came home and said getting old didn't look like fun. And then Josh attempting to lighten the mood said that Paradise was a nice place. My heart hurts to know she is
struggling.
1 comment:
I'm sorry.
I hope there are good family and friends close to her who are offering love and support.
Post a Comment