Monday, January 16, 2017

Scripture - Galatians 5

This is not the usual scripture that I think about from Galatians 5. Verse 22-23 talk of the fruit of the Spirit. That scripture helped me to understand the many different ways the Spirit chooses to speak to us. I was looking for only one - silly.

But verse 1 is important to me now.

BloggerImage

I know what I should be doing, and yet I find myself sliding back into old habits and patterns. 

The whole improving forever, instead of just for a week.

I can be a harsh judge of others. I can become complacent in my scripture reading. I can become casual in my prayers.

I need to constantly remind myself to do what I know I should do. I need to be reminded of what is important. My life seems to go in spurts and lurches. I wish I was more graceful in my application of what I know to true.


1 comment:

Anaise said...

The Sept 2016 Ensign has a lovely article about this very topic in the Latter Day Saint Voices section called "Pressing Forward Through the Plateaus." Read it and extend yourself the grace the author writes of.

:)