Thursday, May 10, 2018

Firsts

Yesterday was open house at the middle school. Boaz had to play in the band at 6:30. It was also his first chance to go to young men’s as a teacher, and it was a combined activity. He thought they would only play for 15 minutes, giving us a narrow turn around window for changing out of his black and white concert attire. They played until 7:00. He asked later in the car if would even be worth going. I said that he would miss 30 minutes of a 90 minute activity. There was still plenty of fun to be had. He came home so happy that he went. He got to hang out with his friends again.  A big day. 

Josh went out with the missionaries yesterday. He told me after he dreaded it all day, but it was of those, I am so glad I went, experiences. They had a lesson set up with a girl who was friends with a Mia Maid in the other ward. She was excited to learn. Josh got to contribute. He is more excited about his mission. These elders are simply amazing. I am so grateful they included him in an amazing opportunity. 

1 comment:

Anaise said...

You still have lots of firsts! I'm glad. :)