We tried to take a few pictures of the process.
The first thing in one of six pods. An obvious priority.
A look at a full pod. I’m not sure if we added more or not. Craig is the Tetris genius. He can pack more things into no space than anyone I know. Josh and Boaz were appenrencies to his skill.
A view of the six pods from our upstairs window. They are three across. The openings were opposite. So three opened toward the garage and three opened toward the street.
The house with the pods filling the driveway.
The empty family room.
The empty kitchen.
We sent the six pods off on Friday and were exhausted. We only had one day to fill them. Afterwards we took the evening off to rest. We slept on the floor that night. It has been a long time since I’ve slept on the floor. I remember when it was fun. But
it is fun no longer. My bones are old and the floor is hard. I gained new appreciation for the pioneers who had no soft beds to sleep in. I am indeed spoiled.
Saturday morning Craig once again played life size Tetris and packed the two cars. I gave away toilet paper, Kleenex boxes, cereal boxes, food from the fridge left in the garage and anything else I could.
The cars were packed to the gills. We couldn’t see through the rear view mirrors. But who needs those anyway, right? Josh rode with me and Boaz rode with Craig. We caravaned our way through he ridiculous Southern California traffic with only side mirrors
to help is change lanes. It was a bit distressing, but I got better at it and became more comfortable. Also, the traffic got much lighter the further we traveled from the coast.
My car from the drivers seat.
We stopped in Phoenix for the night. Beds are amazing.
We were hoping to be in Colorado by Saturday night so we could attend church on Sunday, but it was too big a job for that so we finished driving on Sunday. We are looking forward to attending church and finding our new people here.
We made one stop at the Four Corners. We didn’t wait in line for our turn to take pictures on the actual spot. We cheated a bit. But we were there, we just didn’t stand on the actual border.
Random people who actually waited in the line for the pictures.
We were on the Arizona side. I think. An interesting spot of the earth. Then less than an hour later and we were unpacking the cars.
We have the use of a furnished condo right on the golf course. It is nice to be able to use it. It will give us time to find a permanent home.
Josh is a bit displaced. So I’ll be happy to find a place soon.
Our stuff is still in transit. They will store it for a month. We’ll have to get a storage unit and then unpack while we search.
The adventure has begun.
1 comment:
Aaaahhhh! Homeless . . . but not really! What a weird state of being. I'll be remembering you in my prayers!
My sister and her husband just closed on her new house after being homeless with 6 kids for a month. They lived in their trailer and toured parts of the U.S. :)
Post a Comment