Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Hiking our new backyard

There is a cute little state park about six miles from the house we want to buy. 

We sent the boys on a hike and Craig and I did our own little hike. 


BloggerImage

The view from the beginning of the trail. 

We heard there had been bear sightings at the park. 

BloggerImage

The prints were going the opposite direction. So I tried not to think about the boys off alone. 

BloggerImage

We followed them for a little bit and then we found a beautiful spot. 

Craig said he wanted a bench so we could come back again and again. He looked around and found a log. He moved it to where he wanted it. 

BloggerImage

He took a picture of me on his bench. 

BloggerImage

We headed back to the little lake, which was super low. We ended up picking up garbage, so no pictures. But we did find this on the trail. I think it’s currants. 

BloggerImage

Craig tried them, but didn’t because I wanted to know what they were before I ate them. 

The clouds rolled in. The thunder crashed. We were texting the boys and calling, but they were out of range.   They had been gone for over three and a half hours. By that time, we were just waiting in the car. 

We rolled up the windows and closed the sun roof as we heard the rain come. There was even a bit of hail mixed in. 

BloggerImage

The dark clouds and the big drops splashed on the windshield. 

BloggerImage

Two soaked boys. I was very relieved they were back. 

It’s a bummer to have bad knees and not be able to go as far as we used to. 

BloggerImage 

Mud caked shoes. Actually this picture doesn’t do justice to all the mud. 

But a fun day. A beautiful place close to our new home. 

1 comment:

Anaise said...

Well, I do understand mud and storms and hiking!!!!!!

What gorgeousness! What a great place to live!