Sunday, September 16, 2018

Huge milestones

This weekend has been busy. 

Saturday morning we woke up and were on the road by 6:30 to drive an hour to the temple. Craig and I went with the youth. Josh baptized and Boaz was baptized. It is an amazing thing to see an older brother baptize a younger brother. Another ward(s) joined us from our stake. There were 29 youth. Josh baptized for half of them (or so). Another young man who was going to Peru baptized the second half. We got our names completed. I think we had over 200 names total. 

Then we drove the hour home. Had about an hour and half and then we drove an hour the other direction to Stake Conference. Craig and josh had to go to leadership meeting. Boaz and I hung out in the foyer. 

Adult session was amazing, as all Saturday night sessions are. We had a visiting authority with his wife. 2 Nephi 31 was the main text of their presentation. They talked about the Doctrine of Christ and ministering. 

Sunday we drove the hour again to the stake center. Josh had the first half of his temple interview. During the business section his name was called and he was sustained to receive the Melchizedek priesthood. What an amazing experience. 

After the meeting, Craig ordained Josh to the Melchizedek priesthood to the office of an elder. Five minutes and his life is changed forever. A huge build up and tons of preparation and now he is an elder. 

The second half of temple interviews is Tuesday and we head to Salt Lake City next weekend for him to enter the temple. We’ll be going through the Draper temple. More of our family will be able to attend with us, than if we went here in Monticello. I’ll be able to go to Deseret Book and get things that he needs for his mission, and the temple. 

We are working so hard to send him away. It seems so weird. We are also worried about Boaz. He is watching his best friend getting ready to leave. They have their own code based on video games. Right now they are playing a game they haven’t played in years. But they are hanging out and sharing space and time. Boaz will be a bit lost when the time comes. Craig and I will be lost for sure. Josh lights up our home and our lives. We’ll have to find a way to let Boaz shine while josh is in a different hemisphere. 

My good friend in Idaho said that our families have to shatter for them to continue and grow. 

And Josh will spread his wings and learn such amazing things while he is away. We came here for Boaz. We are sure his wings will grow and he will find what he needs during this time. I told him a while back that I tried to get him here earlier, but this is when God sent him. So we are gearing up to see who Boaz will grow into. 

Two weeks, and we will be moving into our house. So many changes. So many switch points right now. So many good things. 

A new Elder in Zion. 

An appointment for the temple next week. 

Building blocks to eternity

1 comment:

Anaise said...

Just . . . Wow! These are truly "huge milestones," and they must be nearly incomprehensible and hard to absorb. What blessings, though!!!!! I'm so far away from these boy-to-man changes that I can't even start to put myself in your place, but I feel the responsibility to prepare my boys to be ready.

I'm glad I've got a good friend to lead the way. :)