I was applying to several jobs.
I was hired on my birthday at Fort Lewis College in Durango. We don’t live in town and have to drive over half an hour. But Craig works in Durango too. So we commute together. We are back to how we started when we were dating. It’s nice to let him drive in bad weather. It’s nice to spend some time together.
I’m in my second week. I feel like I’m in an information tsunami. There is so much to learn and remember. New people to know. But I am liking it. I get to work with people who want to se me succeed. (The adults at the schools wanted me to succeed, but now I don’t have to deal with the kids who want to make me cry. )
I am remembering my college days. I loved them. I’m getting to experience college life again - although in a very modified way.
New beginnings all around.
3 comments:
Oh, Wendy! Someday I swear I will remember to call you on your birthday and be a good friend again! I do love you even if I can't stop long enough to sit and have a chat to show you how much I care.
Congratulations on your new job--is it teaching at the college? An office job? Some sort of advising job?
I'm happy for you!!!
You are an awesome friend. I haven’t been reading blogs since I posted this. You are super busy. And I wasn’t really happy to celebrate my birthday this year.
Oh. I’m the Administrative Assistant to 5 departments. Two are very small, one medium and two departments that give me the most work. I’m learning budgeting and new software. I really like it.
Post a Comment