The final date was engraved and Joyce was laid to rest this month. Her last months, even years had been hard. She went to dialysis three times a week for years. She recently, within the last year of her life, had a leg amputated and had a prosthetic, but never became proficient. She was unable to go anywhere alone.
It was over 14 years since my dad had passed. That is a long time for best friends to be separated. I’m sure they are both much happier being able to hang out again.
This is a picture of her side of the family that was there. Asher, Logan, Paula, Shaw, Ty (Shaw’s husband), Patty, Ryatt. In the front are Ty’s two girls. I’m.not sure of there names.
Uncle Gary, Aunt Renee, Rachael, Pete, Kayla, Deb, Cody and I also attended; but I didn’t get a picture. It was good to go to Logan and say hi to my dad again. I was pretty sure he was there as we celebrated his love.
I have no idea how other people cope with death with out a knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. I find myself taking to dad at times and asking him to check up on Josh or others for me. Guardian angels and all.
It is weird driving through Spanish Fork without thinking about Joyce at least, or stopping in to see her when I could. Now our family has another angel to watch over us.
1 comment:
I hope your Dad and Joyce are well together. I wish peace in all of your hearts.
Post a Comment