Darrin is a member of the bishopric at BYUI. His Relief Society President was with 4 friends and they had hit an elk just out of town. Darrin was an hour away. He heads out and remembers we live here now.
We send them our location and Craig gets busy making pancakes for the college kids. They came in with Darrin and we were happy to be helping. One of the kids was on the phone with the insurance company. A few minutes later Boaz came into the kitchen and said, “Tyler Guertz is in our house!”
I was flabbergasted. We knew him and his family in Irvine CA. I came out and said hi and then went and told Craig.
I sent this picture to his mom. She had no idea about his poor car. But she called him right after. It was good to talk to her and connect to our California family.
After they figured things out and headed on their way, we went to the temple. It’s a 2 1/2 hour drive. The Idaho Falls Temple is super busy on Saturdays. We waited, but what a good place to wait.
I had found some male names, but no female names. So Boaz got to baptize his dad and I got to be a witness. We met a nice family who were there for the first time. Boaz got to baptize them too.
What a beautiful way to spend a Saturday.
Image #LdsTemple
1 comment:
Bummer for the college kids, but how fun for you all to connect!!!
And isn't taking teens to the temple a fabulous experience!?!!?
Post a Comment