Monday, March 23, 2020

Beauty and the Beast

Boaz steppes our of his comfort zone in a big way this year. He was talked into trying out for the musical, Beauty and the Beast. 

This was my first experience with a musical. He went to practice for months. We wouldn’t see him until 7 and then during the performances it was 9:30. His whole world became dance practice and singing. I have no idea how he stayed up with his school work. 

I was a back stage mom twice and we had tickets twice. Craig and I were astounded at our shy boy up on that stage. He put his heart into it and shone. Of course I am his mom and know my bias is clearly on display. But honestly, he was awesome. We got some pictures by stalking Facebook. 



This was the picture in the playbill. I am in love with this picture. I am so grateful for the talent and skill of the photographer. 



He was a candle seller in the opening number. 



Lefou was played by a girl. He actually connected with her glasses one night and felt horrible. 



Singing. 









He was a dancing spoon. He complained about the dancing during practice, but he did a great job. The spoons were strapped so tightly, it must have been uncomfortable. But they had to stay put. 



Working themselves up to storm the castle. 



Distracted by Babette and burned by Lumiere. I had no idea he could jump that high. 

The girls loved making him a bit uncomfortable as they practiced their flirting skills on him. 

He came alive on the stage. He emoted . His face was expressive. He sang his heart out. He made good friends. I hope he does it next year. I am also dreading it a bit. But I will try and be a bit more involved. 

I am so proud of him. 

1 comment:

Anaise said...

Yeah! You're proud of him with good reason!!! That play looks awesome, and I agree with you about his playbill photo--that's an incredible shot!