Friday, March 20, 2020

New job

When we returned from Hawai’i, I started a new job. I am a pharmacy tech in training. I work 40 hours a week, all standing on my feet. The first week was brutal. My feet ached even when I had them raised in the recliner. But on the third week, it’s bearable. They are a bit tingly on my fifth day, but they are good. 

So I haven’t walked the dog in three weeks. I need to get back to that.  She is going a bit stir crazy. 

I started just before the Corona Virus panic. It is a crazy way to learn this job. We can’t seem to catch up with the demand. I am trying to learn on the fly. I can do drive thru, registers, dispense and fill the robot. I am working on learning the computer screens for problems. 

I like the people I work with. There is one other new tech like me. And one pharmacist quit. So we are short handed. 

There is no hand sanitizers, Clorox, disinfecting wipes, rubbing alcohol, and we are super short on toilet paper. We have had out of state people come to shop in our little isolated community. But our shelves don’t look like the pictures posted on Facebook of more populous areas. 

The panic is crazy to me. I am so grateful the Lord has prepared us for home church. We can break out the wheat and have some food storage. This came so fast. 

I am also grateful I have a job to go to. I know I am not productive when I am home alone. 

No comments: