Sunday, January 17, 2021

Boaz’s reflections on his life

Boaz is a deep thinker. He is solemn and hilarious. 

One night he came in to the front room and told me had been reflecting on his life. I am so glad I didn’t laugh, I almost did. He is sixteen, but an old soul. 

He thanked me for how I made him smart. 

I smiled and said he was born smart. 

He reminded me of the morning walks to the bus stop where I would have him spell his spelling words. Of the times we would read together for his reading minutes. Of the times I sat with him as he struggles to write out an assignment. 

He is now a much better writer than I am. He is smarter than I am, but still respects my intelligence and experience. He is a straight A student. His classmates rely on him to explain their homework. He has his sight on being a particle physicist, and talks about things I have never even heard of before. 

I look at my boy and am so grateful to be his mother. He has blessed me beyond measure. 



1 comment:

Anaise said...

Okay, I have to say first that his shirt made me snort with laughter! It's awesome!

I totally understand the gratitude for not laughing in the wrong moment. I've had the same feeling many times.

What a marvelous thing that he came to you to thank you . . . that he remembered those precious moments.