Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Elk in the river

On Tuesdays part of our office goes to Challis for the day. I don’t really enjoy it. It is always crazy. Sometimes crazy busy and we don’t have time to think. Sometimes crazy not busy and all the stuff I need to do is back home in Salmon. 

The road to Challis follows the Salmon River. I like to watch for eagles which we frequently see. They perch in various trees that line the banks. 

On October 11th we saw a group of elk standing in the water. 



They are rather fabulous. 

1 comment:

Anaise said...

There you go! Way to find the good in an otherwise frustrating situation! I love real-life sightings of wildlife. I don't get many because I'm always out with my kids, and they're still noisy, so everything is frightened into silence, but when I do, it fills me with awe.