Friday, February 10, 2023

Sorting Hat Day

This week was geared up for this day, where we got our assignment. It reminded me of Harry Potter and the Sorting Hat. 

Another sister said it felt like Draft Day for football. 

I told Craig that this day was probably way different for him than it was for me. He was an athlete. He was picked first and they were thrilled to have him on their team. 

I was always picked last, and they were not thrilled to have me on the team. 

Craig was the pitcher, and they wanted to keep me on the bench. 

I thought it is so important to own our gifts. We, at least I, are so good at seeing the strengths of others and compare them to our weaknesses. I know I am so worried about being humble and meek, I don’t want to be conceited. But we need to be sure that we own and are grateful for the gifts that we have been given. 

No comments: