I had the funnest day on Friday. I went to most of the quilt shops in Central Oregon, all in one day. Well, I went to the one here in Madras the day before. There are a total of 8 shops that participated. We drove over 200 miles. There were 4 of us in the car. I had created a schedule. I looked up the estimated drive times from mapquest. I was mocked all day, but we were close to arriving home on schedule, and Craig took off for Spokane for a business trip. Anyway, I went a bit crazy. Yesterday I mapped out a quilt that would use all 8 star patterns we got, one from each shop. And I already have two blocks completed. Yea!
I've started a part time job. I'm a substitute teacher, K-12. I've been in kindergarden, and all I can say is bless those teachers. I think I'm better with the older kids, but I haven't made it to those schools yet. Tomorrow is my third day. It's a half day. I can only work 60 days total in a school year, because I don't have my teaching license. Well, I have a 60 day restricted license. So far it has been exhausting. So I really look forward to those relaxing sew days.
6 comments:
Funny! You and Joe are just alike. I love that you were effecient and mapquested everything.:D Too funny. I can't believe you drove over 200 miles! Crazy girls.
I can't wait to see the new quilt-with all the star patterns. Knowing your talent, it will be amazing.
And, how awesome about the substituting!!! That is so fun. When my boys get a little older or are in school, i'd love to do a part time job somewhere too. It would just mix things up. Sometimes it's easy to get in a rut. And, hey the extra money would be sweet. Good luck with the Kindergarteners
Actually Craig asked who I was and what did I do with Wendy. I've never been that organized in my life. It's a new skill that I'm trying to learn. I just really wanted to be able to go to all 7 shops in one day.
You ARE amazing! Sounds like a great day! Would have loved to be with you. Loved the rest of the blog too - I just haven't taken the time to sign in and respond. You do a great job with pics. Derby time is fun, emotional, often beyond 8 yr olds, but a great memory bouilding time. Go Teacher! lm
Hi LuRose. Good to see you here. Derby was a bit long, but the boys loved it.
Hi Wendy! Subsitute teaching, huh? This must be for financing your quilting habit! Have fun--and from a former teacher--pleeeeze follow any lesson plans that are left for you!!!!! It was the worst when subs figured they knew better than I did and ignored all the plans I had laid out. On the other hand, some days you'll walk into a classroom and nothing will be there for you to do, so you'll have to be desperately creative! Good luck!
Funny you should say that. On Monday I was in a high school health class. There wasn't enough for the kids to do. I felt bad about it. I felt worse about not having anything to do myself.
I like following the schedule.
Post a Comment