Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas quilt


I had a crazy idea that I could do 2 quilts before Christmas. This one is the second. I chose a very easy pattern, but I still think it is cool. It's bright and fun. It's for my niece, who I don't think reads my blog. I'm sending it to Utah this week. Yea!

The second quilt will have to wait until after Christmas before I post pictures. It is for my sister-in-law. And I know she reads my blog, so it would really be counter productive for me to post it and expect her to be surprised on Christmas Day.

And a note to said sister-in-law. It's a Happy Birthday present too.

A note to my brother. I still will do what we discussed. But with the move and other quilt projects, I felt overwhelmed. I'm getting to the right place to begin the dragon. It will be fun, and full of "how am I going to do this?!?" moments. But that is part of the fun of quilting. I'm looking forward to it. Since it will be after Christmas, I think I'll post updates and let you see it in progress.

I just finished the first quilt. I did the top and then started and completed the second quilt before I finished the first. I had the crazy idea that I would complete the quilting and binding all in one day, the same day that I would be helping Debbie do her binding. I realized my folly that crazy day, but since I was knee deep in the process, I completed the second quilt. Anyway, my fingers are jabbed and poked. I'm glad it's done and my fingers can rest. :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anaise said...

WOW! What a treasure a handmade gift is, and what treasures your quilts are! I'll bet shopping for fabrics is almost the best part. :)

Joseph & Shaylee said...

Your quilts always amaze me and awaken a desire to create.. maybe someday I will make use of the dusty old sewing machine that lives in my closet. :) Thanks for all your comments, I can tell that you understand where I am coming from and I can see from you where I can get to. Thanks!

Holly or Joe said...

Yay, yay, yay. I can't wait to open mine!!! I will have a Wendy original! And, I have seen your work and know it will be amazing. I didn't realize you were making us TWO! You crazy, yet wonderful woman. I hope they're not too much trouble!