When I golf, I top the ball. I swing as hard as I can and the ball skips merrily across the grass in various directions. When Craig golfs, the ball soars in beautiful acrs toward the green. He also swings as hard as he can. However, his swing is much more relaxed and controlled than mine is.
It is a constant struggle for me -- on the golf course -- to remember to relax and not try and kill the ball. Craig tells me repeatedly to keep my head down and not look up. The slightest head lift ruins a golf swing. A fact that I know, and yet still struggle with.
However, last week sometime, on the last hole, I hit the ball in a beautifully arc toward the green. And wonder of wonders, I made it to the green. I had a real chance at a birdie. But, instead, I two-putted for a PAR !
Earlier I had a double bogie and a bogie. Two real golf scores. But I finished out the nine hole with a PAR !
I think I told my sisters and cousin and aunt about my PAR about twenty times. Just to make sure that they knew I actually scored a PAR on my last hole. A PAR is much better than a strike in bowling. I can get a strike about once a game, but a PAR has eluded me for years.
Did you know that I got a PAR on my last hole?
2 comments:
Congratulations!!!
I don't understand it--but I'm really happy for you anyway. :)
Thanks. :)
Golfese is a different language. Basically I got the ball to the hole in the number of hits the course says it should take.
Craig does that routinely.
It's much more fun when the ball goes where you want it too. :)
Post a Comment