We had a great weekend. I about killed her with a water aerobics class and then helping the teachers move furniture. But after a short nap, we were ready to play with fabric and the sewing machine. We needed to finish the lower left corner and add the borders.
I love to see how much better the quilt looks when it is actually sewn together, rather than just laying the fabrics close to each other.
Deb was thrilled, and very excited to show her son, Nikko. She tells me that he wonders if it will ever be finished. But I tell her that design takes time. The ideas need to perculate or marinate or whatever metaphore you prefer. :)
Fun visit with my sister, no the less. Can't wait until she comes back. Although, she is getting really brave and doesn't need me to show her what to do so much. I hope she still finds reasons to come and visit, even when she is confient in what she is doing.
Maybe the card games will keep her coming back. We had a great game Sunday night with Brenda, Karly, Auntie, Kimberly, Craig and me. Raven and Josh wanted to join in, but we are a bit agressive. I'll have to start teaching my boys the skills so they can keep the games going. :)

1 comment:
I have a sister who lives near me now, and I can honestly say that it is so much more fun than I ever imagined--and it would probably be even better if my other sister were here, too. Even with Brenda near, I can imagine how great it is to have Debbie come up. :)
The quilt is cool.
Post a Comment