Why is it so easy to see what is lacking?
President Monson's Conference talk spoke right to me. Here I am surrounded by blessings and gifts from Heaven. And still, I tend to fuss over slights and unfulfilled wants.
So, being this is November, the month of Thanksgiving, I want to focus on blessings that I am grateful for.
Today I am grateful for next Wednesday's forcast -- chance of showers. Our Webelos troop will be hiking for three miles, looking for wildlife and native plants. I am grateful I can turn on the computer (even though it is plagued by a possible virus and is as slow as molasses) and look up information on our chosen site, Basket Slough National Wildlife Refuge. I am grateful such a place is close enough to take 4 10-year old boys (plus my tag along 6 year old). I am grateful I have two other women who are willing to give part of their day and come and help me.
I am grateful for a full pantry and a freshly filled freezer.
I am grateful for sisters who show faith in the middle of hard trials.
I am grateful the temple is close enough to attend regularly, and that my sister's goal of weekly attendance is helping me get there more frequently.
I am grateful for a stake president, who set a goal more than a year ago to fill the third floor chapel. And I am grateful that the stake responded then and still does now. Our Wednesday Stake Temple Night ran much more smoothly than the first time we ambushed the temple workers. Now they have a plan and expect us to show up in crazy numbers. And we have a plan and fill several sessions before our chapel appointment. A brand new member of the temple presidency spoke at our meeting. His and his wife's second day. He said our reputation preceeded us, and that we did indeed fill every seat. I know a few were empty, we didn't have people standing in the aisles at the back of the room, but the chapel was full and it was wonderful to hear the stake sing "Redeemer of Israel" and have the organ and voices echo in my soul.
I am grateful for music.
I am grateful for my happy, healthy boys.
I am grateful for my sewing machine and my fabric stash.
I am grateful for scriptures, for reading the Old Testament this year and having enough time to read the Book of Mormon again too.
I am grateful my husband teases me. Somehow that is sunshine to my soul.
Too many blessings to count. Just a few listed. But enough to change my mood, and again I am grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment