Saturday, November 12, 2011

Basketball

Boaz is playing basketball. His first year of organized sports.

He is excited and listens to his coach and does his best.

His first game was last week. The teams were pretty even. Boaz made a few baskets and I was so excited to watch him.

This week, the other team practiced "swarm defense." They were supposed to be one on one.

The first half of the game, our poor little team couldn't get a good look at the basket. There were blue jerseys all over our white jerseys.

I tried so hard not to get upset.

One little girl was so frustrated that she just gave up. Her dad was a bit upset by that.

In the second half, Boaz made two baskets. He started to really get in there and go for the ball. He started to be  more careful about his passes. (The other team was very good at stealing.)

All in all, it was a good experience for him, but it was hard for me to watch the carnage.

I hope next week, they will be better matched. It is more fun that way.

2 comments:

Anaise said...

Good job to Boaz for making some baskets!!! I hope the games are fun!

Holly or Joe said...

I like the use of the word "carnage". I am nervous for organized sports, but, they will do a lot for the character of the kids. I hope the season goes well.