On Tuesdays I go in and help in Boaz's classroom.
Today the teacher looked at me with the look, 'What are you doing here?' all over his face.
Great. I was wondering what if I would really drive the 5 miles to school and then just turn around and go back.
But he put me to work getting ready for making butter.
He had a box of baby food bottles. He had new marbles. He had extra thick whipping cream. He had salt.
I washed the new marbles.
I started pouring.
Then we started shaking. I was shaking one too. I had a bigger bottle. I was wondering how hard it would be to make butter.
The kids were switching off with 2 other kids. It takes a long time to shake cream into butter.
I was zoning, and shaking the bottle.
And, then I was covered in cream.
It took me a full minute to find the whole in the bottle. The marble had broken a whole about an inch wide.
It was lovely. Cream was all over me, the table, the floor, etc.
After that, I only used the small baby food bottles. I don't know if the size was the difference or not. And the other bottles were wrapped in rags for a little extra protection.
No comments:
Post a Comment