Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Post op

Yesterday we went to see about removing Josh's drain. An annoying tube sticking out of his abdomen under his belly button. The location was problematic because of waistbands and clothing rubbing and pulling on it. A few times it created pain as it fell and pulled while Josh was washing. 

I was worried because it was plugging up and wasn't draining like it used to in the beginning. 

The provider said it looked great, it wasn't supposed to drain like it did at the beginning. 

The longest time was the prep for the removal. Gathering the supplies, snipping the sutures, and last minute instructions. I held his hand, we counted to three, and she pulled it out. It had about a three inch long extension that was actually inside my boy. He said it was a weird feeling. He didn't expect it to be that long. And it hurt coming out. 

But now that it is out, he feels like seeing people again. After an afternoon of resting, he was ready to go to the youth activity and see his friends. He came home happy but exhausted. 

I'm happy to see him starting to go back to normal. 

Although he tells me he had an emergency appendectomy any time I tell him no for something, or even look like I might say no. 

1 comment:

Anaise said...

I'm glad he's doing well!!!