I asked here where her socks were. She smiled and said she didn't have them.
All day long she pranced on her shoes.
The afternoon recess came and I sent the class outside to play. I didn't notice until they came in that it had started to rain. As the kids came in, they brought in a bit of water and left it on the hall floors. The poor hapless princess slipped and fell. She hurt her ankle. I felt bad, but honestly was a bit irritated that she even wore those shoes at all.
I told her she could take off her shoes while we were in class. She soon needed to go to the bathroom. I told her she needed to put her shoes back on, because she could not go barefoot into bathroom. She told me she had boots in her back pack. I told her she should have been wearing those boots all day.
I told Craig about this princess at the end of the day. I could hear the smile in his voice.
He told me that he knew a lady that wore innappropriate shoes in the middle of winter. They were strappy, high heels, and open toed. Sometimes this lady doesn't take her shoes off as soon as she gets home and he can hear her tap, tap, taping around the house.
Here is a picture of that silly woman's shoes.


1 comment:
That's pretty funny that you were irritated by those shoes . . . until I think about the little things that irritate me. :)
Post a Comment