Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The last Pinewood Derby

We have gone to six straight derbys. But Boaz is a Webelos now, and getting ready to enter the ranks of the BSA. No derbys there.

I think Craig was very happy. I was a bit nostalgic. The closing of a chapter - of sorts.

He did okay. It was a Legos Derby, so we raided the collection. We took off a few pieces for being a bit over the weight limit.

A few pictures.


Josh helped out and ran the gates. He had just gotten back from a youth temple trip.


Boaz looking down the track, standing by his brother.


In the pits.


The photo op center.


His car is the third one. He has a Star Wars figure racing on his car. It looked really cool. The best it came in was second. But some cars didn't even finish, so he was successful.

The ending of an era for our family.





1 comment:

Anaise said...

The end of an era for your family, and we have yet to begin it! I hope Boaz had fun at his last derby.

Perhaps you guys will stay busy with future derbies as helpers.