He had to wear church socks and shoes, and his tux was already at the school. I was amused, and a bit uneasy, at his outfit. So, of course I had to take a picture.
He did not want his picture taken. He had already pushed his socks down a bit. Before they were all the way up to his knees.
Not a great picture. Both my boys have an affinity for shorts. I don't think I'll get them to wear pants until it snows again. The picture is dark, but you get the general idea.
The concert is fun, because I remember the songs the younger bands played. It is a walk down membory lane and a night of seeing dramatic improvement in skills and tone. Don't get me wrong, the 6th grade did a great job. But having three to six years more under your belt is a dramatic improvement.
This is the tux and the schools bass trombone. It is super cool because it has two triggers. Note the additional tubbing wound around in the back.
A better picture of the trombone. He wasn't too happy that I made him get it out again after he had put it away.
And here he is telling me he is done with the camera. He has done so well and enjoyed band so much I can't help wonder about the price of a trigger trombone for him. We'll have to see. But for now, he is enjoying the experience and the school's instrument. Although he still plays his trombone for Jazz band.





1 comment:
I say, "Good for your boy to be confident enough to head off to school with dress shoes/socks and regular ol' shorts on. :) My girls would rather die than appear in mixed fashion!
And he looks fine. How exciting that he's getting to develop his talents so well.
Post a Comment