Sunday, November 15, 2015

Another mile stone

Today was Boaz's last Primary Program. He memorized his part. Turns out he is a good memorizer. He got up second. We were sitting on in our ususal pew, on the opposite side of where Boaz was sitting. Craig and I strained to watch him sing all the songs. The Primary Chorister looked like she stood in the same place, but we shifted for each song to be able to see him sing.

Just after Boaz gave his lines, Craig leaned over to me and said, "Last Time." I had been saying that for two months now, but as I was sitting there watching the fidgety children, my eyes got teary. 

Boaz of course is very excited he is done. He is anxious and ready to advance to the Young Men program. He strains to catch up to Josh and I wish he would slow down just a bit. :)

I didn't know hardly any of the kids. I am still trying to learn the adults. I try and learn the youth. The primary kids have been off my radar. But there they were in their finery, singing the wonderful songs of testimony.

Our last Primary Program. Now I will watch the children of others while my boys sit beside us, grateful they aren't up there and able to appreciate the program for what it really is - adorable children singing their testimonies about Jesus.

1 comment:

Anaise said...

It was Julie's last time, too . . . but I still have 8 more to go, so it wasn't too bittersweet. :)

I think you're wise to celebrate these "lasts" so that you can fully move forward into the new "firsts."