The story from Ezra that I remember most in the political intrigue of the Samaratains. The beginning of the centuries long hostility - the end result played out in the New Testament.
But there was a little verse that caught my attention. I read it several times.
There are steps here to follow.
1. Prepare your heart.
2. Seek the Law of the Lord
3. Do the Law of the Lord - be obedient.
4. Teach the Law of the Lord in Israel.
There are several ways to prepare my heart. Most of them have to do with attitude, humility and repentance. If I can focus on my attitude, the humility and repentance follow naturally. So I need to beware the days of bad attitude.
Seek the Law of the Lord: temple attendance, church attendance and scripture reading are vital. I am looking forward to General Conference next month. And I must combine the previous with pondering. Thinking deeply about what I read, hear and feel.
Be obedient. Get out and do my visiting teaching, reach out to those that need help, seek and listen for daily promptings. Truely, I can focus a lot more on the daily aspect of promptings.
Teach the Law. I am reminded of my patriarchal blessing. I was promised I would be a teacher - something that terrified my teenage self those many decades ago. I got to a point where I felt confident, and then we moved to California where the majority of the ward is inhabited by lawyers, judges and professors. Truely, they are brilliant people. I have the opportunity to teach Relief Society this week; the Atonement and Resurrection. I am a bit worried that I will cry and loose any hope of the sisters being able to understand me. I am formulating a plan. Always good.
The take away? Focus on my attitude and seek daily promptings. The small things need more attention.

1 comment:
What a great scripture!!
Post a Comment