Thursday, March 24, 2016

Scripture

I have heard since high school how Job is one of the most beautiful books of the Bible. It is an amazing example of literature. It is also one of the oldest books of the Bible.

I have always had a hard time reading Job. The characters pontificate. I haven't been able to distinguish between his friends. What happened to Job is truely horrible.

So, every time I read Job, I look for the literary aspect. I look for the beauty. I look to understand the characters.

I know there is a message for me in this book.


This verse speaks to me. This is good incentive to work through my fears and get rid of them. To live a life of faith.

Each time I read the Old Testament, I understand it better. That will work for me with the Book of Job as well. Each time I read it, I will see it better.

1 comment:

Anaise said...

Ooooh, that's a good one! I'm always being afraid of things and then finding out that what I was afraid of isn't so bad after all. I'll be remembering this one.